"If you have the conviction and the personal belief that you can make anything work and solve
problems, let your resourcefulness be your biggest resource."
In this week's podcast, we sit down with Colleen Wilson, Founder & CEO of Collaborate Chicago and former Head of Product Marketing for the capital product at Square. An Olin Business School alum, Colleen shares insights on how she decided to become an entrepreneur and multiple fantastic career tips from her business education and career experience.
Here are a few nuggets of wisdom Colleen shares and elaborates on in this episode:
- When looking for jobs, the importance of prioritizing learning and mission. Ask yourself, what do I need to learn and where am I best equipped to learn those skills?
- One of the best ways to get experience is through doing pro-bono work.
- The importance of being self-aware and knowing what you're good at and what you're not good at.
- The Why reveals the paint points, and when you find the pain points, that's when you can start to find the solution.
- Why your own personal gut-check can mean the difference when it comes to finding happiness in your career.
- You can build anything, but sometimes it's what you don't build that can make all the difference in your business growth.
- Presence equals productivity. How to find that constant state of flow through personal productivity hacks.
How PluggedIN is connecting talent to careers in cybersecurity. We will be announcing our upcoming event around careers in cyber soon! Stay tuned... In the meantime, subscribe to our newsletter & follow us on social to receive updates!
Ready to get involved with St. Louis startups?
Check out our internship and job postings and create a job seeker profile.